Suggested Reading for Couples Starting Couples Counseling:
This book makes sense of the struggles many couples get stuck in and provides an idea of what you might expect from the therapy process.
My, How Couples Therapy has Changed! Attachment, Love and Science By Dr. Sue Johnson, Psychotherapy.net
Hold Me Tight By Dr. Sue Johnson on Psychology Today
Couples Retreat Texas
Sex and Intimacy
Unlocking the Door to Your Authentic Sexual Wellbeing | Emily Nagoski
Healing From an Affair
Personal Growth & Self Discovery
The Montrose Center’s mission is to empower and uplift all members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Online communities, paired with mental health and counseling resources, are just a click away.
Greif and Bereavement
A non-profit, free-of-charge bereavement center, Bo’s Place offers multiple grief support services for adults, children and families, and provides education and resources for those who assist people in grief.
Because Sometimes We Also Need to Laugh
Kevin Hart and Amy Schumer provide humor and life lessons through their darkest of times. I suggest listening to them on Audible because the authors read it themselves. Both comedians are funny, insightful, and moving. Enjoy!
Psych Central: Relationships
- Boosting Ability to Be Playful May Enhance Satisfaction With Life
- Your In-Laws’ Drinking History Could Lead to Your Own Drinking Issues
- Swedish Study: Employers More Likely to Reject Transgender People
- Men With Harmful Attitudes About Masculinity More Prone to Violence and Mental Illness
- Obesity In Women Linked to Fewer Social Ties