We are all coping with uncertain times during this COVID-19 outbreak. Naturally uncertain times bring stress, anxiety, and overwhelm. Our self-care is always important but now it is essential. I want to share a few of my favorite coping tools for this stressful time.
- Limit news intake – While staying informed is very important, notice if your news intake goes beyond what is necessary. Notice your stress level in your body before, during, and after taking in news.
- Move your body: Exercise, dance, or walk – move your body in any way that is enjoyable and relieves stress.
- Get outside a couple times a day, if possible, while maintaining COVID-19 guidelines for your area.
- A mindfulness based podcast to help cope with overwhelming thoughts and emotions. 10% Happier Podcast is currently doing a series related to coping with COVID-19. Check out their other most recent podcasts as well. Other topics include: Parenting in a Pandemic and Working from Home.
- At home yoga practice for stress relief: Yoga for Uncertain Times with 34 different related practices
I hope you find the tools above helpful.
Wishing you and your family a safe and healthy day!
Michelle Puster M.Ed., LPC
Helping moms replenish and restore